This document outlines the Terms of Service for the use of CyberLearningMauritius members/students who are in violation of these Terms of Service may have their membership revoked.
CyberLearningMauritius is a project of 501 (c) (3) Non profit National Education Foundation based in Alexandria, VA. CyberLearningMauritius provides highest quality IT, Management and Test Prep courses at the lowest fee to the disadvantaged population all over the world.
We have established the following terms of service to foster a positive experience and environment for our members/students and to comply with applicable laws. CyberLearningMauritius reserves the right to change the following Guidelines and Terms of Service at any time and, as a result, encourage you to check these terms of service periodically.
Terms of Service – Content Guidelines
The use of CyberLearningMauritius services, including forums, chat, bulletin board for the following activities is prohibited:
- Use of abusive language of any kind.
- Providing material, that is grossly offensive to the online community, including blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred or excessive profanity.
- Posting things/articles that exploits children under 18 years of age.
- Promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities, promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promoting any act of cruelty to animals. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons.
- Disseminating personal information about another individual for malevolent purposes.
- Providing computer software viruses or software designed to create a virus.
- Providing programs to “nuke” or create a denial of service attack against another individual or ISP.
- Use of the CyberLearningMauritius service for assisting in the delivery of “spam” e-mail.
- Soliciting passwords from other members.
- Committing acts of copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property infringement. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Providing pirated computer programs or links to such programs (this also includes files which are solely intended for game emulation).
- Providing information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial or registration numbers for software programs.
- Providing any type of cracker utility.
- Providing pirated music or links to such files.
- Defaming any person or group.
- Providing hyperlinks to content not allowed in CyberLearningMauritius.
- Using CyberLearningMauritius for the purpose of gathering personal identifying information from individuals for commercial or unlawful purposes without the prior approval of CyberLearningMauritius.
- Posting or disclosing any personal identifying information belonging to children.
We reserve the right to suspend or remove any information from the system which we find, in our sole discretion, violate any of these page content guidelines or otherwise is in violation of the law.
CyberLearningMauritius does not actively monitor the content developed by its community members, but we will investigate complaints of violation of these guidelines. Please submit any such complaints to our service department at email@example.com
Members who are in violation of the CyberLearningMauritius Content Guidelines or Terms of Service may have their membership revoked, services cancelled and information removed from their profile without warning, in which event CyberLearningMauritius will not return any removed information to the offending member.
CyberLearningMauritius is not responsible or liable for any loss of data resulting from our deletion of member profile information, network or system outages, file corruption or any other reasons. We urge all members to backup all information posted on CyberLearningMauritius to guard against losses of any kind.
Terms of Service — Other Provisions
- CyberLearningMauritius reserves the right to deny, suspend, or revoke any membership (without prior notice) in the event that CyberLearningMauritius learns that a member or person seeking membership is under the age of 16.
- The opinions and views expressed by members in their profile information do not reflect those of CyberLearningMauritius. The contents of bulletin boards, forums, and chat discussions are not reviewed in any way before they appear on CyberLearningMauritius.
- CyberLearningMauritius is not responsible for the content of any member posted information. Members are solely responsible for everything contained in their own profiles. CyberLearningMauritius does not verify, endorse or otherwise vouch for any information posted by a member. Members may be held legally liable for any information they post, including defamatory comments or material protected by copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret law without the express permission of the author or owner.
- The member agrees to indemnify and hold harmless CyberLearningMauritius for any loss, liability, claim, damage, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or in connection with any content posted by a CyberLearningMauritius member.
- CyberLearningMauritius is not responsible or liable for any loss of data, nor is it required to return any data, resulting from our suspension or deletion of member posted content, network or system outages, file corruption or any other reasons. We urge all members to maintain backups of any information posted to CyberLearningMauritius to guard against losses of any kind.
Intellectual Property Dispute Policy
In the event that CyberLearningMauritius receives a complaint that the content posted by a member allegedly infringes intellectual property rights or is otherwise unlawful, CyberLearningMauritius may request written substantiation of the complaint from the complaining party, for example, substantiation of proof of ownership in the form of a trademark, service mark, patent or copyright. CyberLearningMauritius will take the steps it believes to be appropriate under the circumstances, for example, we may:
- Immediately remove the allegedly offending information from the website until the dispute is resolved.
- Provide the member with contact information for the complaining party.
- Instruct the member to contact the complaining party to resolve the dispute.
- Inform the complaining party of our actions and ask that party to work directly with the member.
Note: All correspondence between the parties must also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Rights Reserved
CyberLearningMauritius also reserves the following rights:
- To amend or change the CyberLearningMauritius Content Guidelines or Terms of Service at any time and without notice; Changes will appear on this site. Members should check this site form time to time for such changes.
- To release current or past member information if CyberLearningMauritius believes that a member’s account is in violation of the CyberLearningMauritius Content Guidelines or Terms of Service, is being used to commit unlawful acts, if the information is subpoenaed or requested to comply with any applicable law and/or if CyberLearningMauritius deems it necessary and/or appropriate.
- To deny membership to any individual or group of individuals.
- To remove members for conduct that CyberLearningMauritius believes is harmful to other members, to non-members or to CyberLearningMauritius as a non profit.
- To utilize third parties to provide services to CyberLearningMauritius members.
- These third parties may require limited access to members’ personal identifying information in order to perform services.
Choice of Law
Use of the CyberLearningMauritius site is governed by the laws of the Republic of Mauritius, without reference to conflicts of laws principles. By using the CyberLearningMauritius site, users hereby irrevocable consent to the exclusive jurisdiction in the courts of the Republic of Mauritius for all matters arising out of or relating to this agreement.
We appreciate your interest and support of CyberLearningMauritius and we welcome you to our community.